Nutritious Yogurt Made Easy
This is my mother's recipe, it makes about 2 quarts of yogurt, you can easily double or half the recipe. It is so easy and makes good yogurt affordable. I heart 7 star farms yogurt, it is the best I have ever had from a grocery store. It makes a great starter/culture, don't forget to save some of the homemade yogurt for the next batch.
What You Will Need:
- 6 Tbs of yogurt (regular)
- 2 Quarts of whole milk (Happy milk)
- 1 Large pot to boil milk
- 1 oven friendly container with lid to store yogurt
Preheat oven 450 degrees
Warm the oven friendly container and its lid by filling it with very hot water.
If using glass, be sure to not place hot container on a cold surface to prevent possible cracking (place a towel between jar and surface).
1. SLOWLY bring milk just to a boil on medium/high heat then turn off the burner.
2. Allow the milk to cool where it is still warm to touch-but not burning hot.
3. Spoon the yogurt into the empty (yet warmed) container. While stirring the yogurt, slowly add the warm milk to the jar and continue to stir until well blended.
4. Turn off the oven, place lid on jar and place in oven.
5. Keep the jar in the oven overnight or for a full 8 hours.
The longer you keep it in, the more the yogurt will take on the characteristics of a sour Greek yogurt. You can add a little more yogurt culture for a thicker yogurt. Good luck!